About the Autism Law Summit
The Autism Law Summit is an annual gathering of parent advocates, autism service providers, lawyers, individuals with autism, lobbyists, and legislators from across the United States who are interested in the politics and policy of autism spectrum disorder.
Now in its 17th year, the Autism Law Summit creates space for interactive, high-level, expert-facilitated conversations on improving health insurance, Medicaid, and adult services.
Smart, passionate people come to brainstorm strategies and hatch plans for shaping autism law and policy, and to spend quality time with friends from across the country who've shared similar experiences. Discussion topics include:
- Access to school services
- Health insurance coverage for autism treatments, including Applied Behavior Analysis
- Medical necessity determinations
- Insurance billing, coding, credentialing, and contracting best practices
- Mental health parity legal protections
- Medicaid's Early Periodic Screening Diagnostic and Treatment program
- Law and policies on adult services